The Cultural Center at the Opera House
The original Opera House was built in 1870 and has served several community functions over time. The City of Havre de Grace recognized the potential of this site for becoming a center for arts activity. The City embarked on an ambitious project to completely renovate the structure that had fallen into disrepairAs a result, it has become a newly renovated state of the art cultural arts center in the heart of Havre de Grace’s Arts and Entertainment District and will serve over 20,000 visitors, annually. The site contains a 200 seat theater, art gallery and black box. It will serve the Tidewater Players, a local community theatrical group, as well as offer a venue for numerous other theatrical, musical and film productions. The building is owned by the City of Havre de Grace and programming is coordinated through the Havre de Grace Arts Collective.
For more information, ticketing, and event listings please go to the Havre de Grace Cultural Center at the Opera House website.